This week, I chose a recipe that uses two of our items that are on sale this upcoming week at the Co-op; Peaches and Watermelon. This salad would also be great at a Memorial Day picnic, hint hint. :) To see the rest of our specials, click here.
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups seeded and diced fresh watermelon
- 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Whisk together pepper jelly, lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl; stir in watermelon and next 3 ingredients.
- Season halved baby tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; spoon into cocktail glasses. Top with salsa. Garnish, if desired.